Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Hardcore Elegant? What Not to Wear at a Concert.

I'm going to a concert this weekend, a screamo/techno concert. Ever heard of Abandon all Ships? Well that's who I'll be rocking out to Saturday evening! I'm really, really excited, but of course I'm having a hard time deciding what to wear!

Of course I want to look cute and fashionable, but I want to be comfortable as well and I'm sure I'm not the only lady who has to deal with this sort of thing am I? Certainly there are lots of us girls who love elegance, but also can't pass up a good mosh pit, so I thought I'd write about it. Here's my guide for what not to wear if you're planning on going to a concert but you still want to look fabulous.

If you're planning on...

•Mosh pitting. If you just can't resist the allure of a bunch of crazy teenagers pushing and shoving in a big, wild crowd then you're not going to want to worry about ruining your favorite dress. Wear something comfortable that you won't mind getting dirty, that means no puffy skirts, no tea party shoes and NO BRAND! Chances are if you're reading these blog, you're not very bulky or big, which probably means you're going to get pushed down, quite a bit, so that obviously means wear something durable! No delicate lace, no white, floral prints, and no, no, NO BRAND! Leave it at home in your closet where it'll be safe of rips and grunge sweat. On another note, skirts in general are a BAD idea. Not only are they impractical, but in a big crowd it wouldn't be hard for someone to sneak a peek at your rear or grab something inappropriate. (Haha, based on experience. It's terribly awkward.)

•Head banging. If you're not planning on joining in on the moshing, but you still want to rock out make sure you consider the following:
- Updos.
Leave your hair down,
it'll make head banging so much more fun!
- No delicate white blouses.. It won't show sweat stains. This applies to mosh pitting as well.
- Uncomfy shoes. You can go ahead and wear a skirt if you'd like, but you'll be standing around for a long time so heels are a very bad idea.

•Standing in the crowd. Obviously you'll have a bit more freedom with your outfit if you're not planning on joining in on the mosh or rocking out, but there are still things to consider. Again, I urge you! LEAVE YOUR BRAND AT HOME! In big crowds it's far too easy to ruin your lovely and expensive dresses, so leave them at home! Looking fabulous isn't worth potentially ruining a $200+ dress by a drink stain or rocker sweat. Wear something cute and comfy and you won't have to worry about ruining.

Just remember, a concert is about enjoying music and having fun, so make sure you won't be worrying about your outfit the entire time! Tomorrow I'll post about what you SHOULD wear at a concert, well what I'd wear I guess... Haha.

Anyways stay fabulous and free of grunge sweat! (Unless that's your thing... I guess?)

2 comments:

  1. PAAAH, pants are for chumps. Concert skirt-ing FTW. :D I agree about the brand part though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't mosh though, you're an exception!

    But yeah in all other cases pants are for quitters.

    ReplyDelete