Saturday, February 20, 2010

Semi Formal


Dear readers,

I am so sorry I haven't been able to update lately. I've just gone through one of the most hectic weeks of my life! Between a bad breakup, homework, writing a play for drama class, and trying to keep on top of everything I just haven't found time to blog! (I did see this coming though ._.')

Well let's get down to business. Last Friday was my school's semi formal event! Semi formal is basically like homecoming or a junior prom I guess... Everyone gets decked out in their favorite formal wear, dines and dances! It's really a lovely night.

I was trying to channel some 1940s pinup girl energy, on a low budget of course! (My hair was the most expensive part of my outfit.) I found the dress at a giant thrift store in Detroit, it was under ten bucks! My shoes were from VV boutique, A.K.A Value Village. They weren't comfy but MAN were they cute! I really felt beautiful, which is what matter most I think. Feeling beautiful and having fun!

In my opinion that's what all fashion (Especially lolita! And any other Japanese fashion of course.) should be about. Not who looks the best, who can buy the most brand, who can get the most comments on fashion blogs. I think it should be about having crazy amounts of fun and looking incredibly cute! (Or gothic, or classy, or silly... Whatever floats your boat.)

Anyways I'll be posting more in the near future, and I've got a project underway with Mandarin Panda. It involves fashion, photography and a whole lot of creativity! We'll probably be launching our project some time in the next few months, some nice weather would certainly help!

Thanks for reading Lovelies! <3>

1 comment: