Thursday, February 25, 2010

Hardcore Elegant part deux! What to Wear to a Concert!


Last time I composed a list what NOT to wear to a rock concert, inspired by my weekend plans to see Abandon all Ships. Now it's time for my list of what TO wear to a concert! ヾ(´ρ`)ノ (Because I know all six of you readers have been anticipating it right?)

Here's what's practical and cute to wear if you're planning on....

•Moshing. If you're planning on getting your mosh pit on then you'll want to wear something comfy and cute of course. You can't go wrong with t-shirts (Like this perhaps?) and colorful jeans. (Protip: if it's an outdoor concert be prepared to get muddy and grass stained.)Of course comfy shoes are a must! Chances are if there's going to be mosh pitting the crowd will probably be into black band tees and ripped jeans, but that doesn't mean you have to if you don't want to. In my opinion girls who wear pink but can still kick ass in a mosh pit are freaking awesome! (Protip: If you absolutely MUST wear a skirt for some reason, though I advise against it, make sure to wear thick leggings, tights or shorts underneath it to avoid unwanted undie peeking.)

•Head-Banging. If standing around in big crowds and getting whiplash is your style (as it is mine ^◇^*) then make sure, above all else, that you wear comfy shoes! After ten minutes in a big crowd and in heels your feet will NOT be happy. If you're really against the idea of jeans then I'd suggest a cute pair of leggings and a classy dress. A big t-shirt or sweater over leggings are cute too! The important thing is to be comfy!

•Standing in the crowd. If you're just going to be standing around socializing as opposed to rocking out wear something really, really bitchin'! This is really the only situation at a concert where you can get away with heels, as long as you're used to wearing them I guess. If you really want you can wear a skirt, but in such big crowds it's possible for some creep to grab your rear unexpectedly. (Personal experience. Fortunately I was wearing jeans.) (Protip: If you're a sweaty, sweaty person then I'd advise against sweaters and stick to just short sleeved shirts. Concert halls can get incredibly hot.)

Anyways there's my suggestions on what to wear to a concert. Maybe someday I'll tell you the story of how I always end up getting grabbed inappropriately at every concert I go to! (And it is a tale to be heard.)

Stay lovely!


No comments:

Post a Comment