Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Secrets...


Recently I've been somewhat addicted to reading Lolita Secrets, and I must say it's a little depressing. (・_・、) There's so much negativity.

Honestly I don't spend a lot of time on the communities because for two reasons. One, I'm lazy and frankly if I have the patience to put together any kind of loliable outfit I neglect to take pictures and two, I have a bit of a fear of joining fashion communities on the internet after my bad experience with Daily Gyaru. Even though I know there must be a fair amount of drama or whatever in any kind of community where fashion is discussed but I guess I was still clinging to the idea that lolita is still about sisterhood, modesty, and... well... happy things!

Why must they be so negative towards not only against other types of lolita, each other but other subcultures! Honestly anyone who falls under a subculture looks a little unusual to the rest of society, so why do we seem to hate on each other so much? What about sisterhood? What about originality?

Honestly this has left a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth, which is sad considering what a sweet style it is.

I think it's more important to focus on making myself look good instead and feel happy and confident in anything I wear, not trying to fit into a style of dress that's so full of negativity!

Let's find some confidence ladies! We're worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment